Followers

Thursday, December 28, 2017

Barely made it and a thought

So today has been so so.  I started out good and then had to pull it out in the end.  It will end well though.  I redeemed myself.  My workout was 30 minutes on the treadmill at 3 mph and a 7% incline, 10 minutes of housecleaning (I did more than that, but counted 10), and 108 reps with 10 lb weights.  So that I can check off my list.

The hard part of my day was the want to still eat goodies left over from the holidays.  My hubby is having the same issues.  As a result almost a third of my calories came from less than stellar sources.  Oh who am I kidding.  It was junk.  Chex mix, cookie, chips, etc.  Not my best day.  I knew today I needed to adjust my thinking.  While doing my treadmill workout, I watched, yet again, a documentary I've watched many times before.  It's called "Hungry for Change".
It's available on Hulu and Netflix right now and I highly recommend everyone take a look.  When I watch this documentary I get re inspired and a little ticked at the food industry.  But they don't make me eat what I eat.  I do that.  Anyway, after my workout and the movie I sat down and redeemed my day by making sure I have plenty of fruits and veggies to round out my day.  As a result I'm under calories, and everything else is in range.  I also remembered to fix a large glass of water.  Now to just do that everyday.

My thought is that.  To make sure I'm loading up on the fruits and veggies.  The fun food is fun, but not what I need.  It's just for pleasure.  I need to start focusing my calories on nutrition and less on pleasure.  Don't get me wrong.  I will still have my treats, and coffee isn't going anywhere, But I should never look and see I've used that many calories for junk.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment