Followers

Tuesday, December 26, 2017

And we start

This would normally not be a good day for getting back on track.  It has been filled with a comedy of errors.  That being said, I've stuck to my plan and not given in to the call of a few pieces of chocolate still lurking in the candy dish.  If I do give in, I'll count it and let you guys know in the morning.

I began my day by putting up Christmas decor.  To me there is nothing more depressing than decorations after the day.  I put up  my decor early and take it down as soon as the holiday as over.  That is today.  I usually gather everything together to my dining room and then pack away everything there.  All was going according to plan.  I had everything gathered and went to get the boxes.  That's when things went wrong.  I dropped one of the boxes which had some of my hubbies Redskins stuff in it.  I broke one of the mugs.  I can get it back together, but it was the start.

While packing things away, I went to put the Christmas linens in the wash and noticed something....off with the laundry room.  Our cats litter box is in the corner in the laundry room, and at first I thought she might be up to some weird dementia ways when it came to toiletry (she's 18 and crazy as a bessie bug), because it was obvious something wet was around her litter box.  When I started moving things I discovered the truth.  Our new dog, Sophie, has decided that if the laundry room is good enough for the cat to use for a bath room it's good enough for her.  She's a great Pyrenees mix if that gives you any indication of the mess I was facing.  Fortunately we are only talking urine (Thank you Lord).  So I had to stop what I was doing Decor wise and clean up this mess too.  I get it all cleaned up, mopped, etc, and go back to work putting the Christmas decorations away.  Oh, before that, I started a load of clothes.  You know, Multitasking.  I'm making good progress on getting the tree down and I turn towards the kitchen, laundry room area and notice the floor in my kitchen looks very...shiny.  It takes a minute then it dawns on me my washer has flooded the laundry room, part of the kitchen, and part of the gym (den).  Grabbing every towel available, I quickly turn off the washer and begin to dry up the mess.  The drain pipe had come out of its holder and just sprayed everything.  I had to pull everything out of the laundry room, pull the washer and dryer out from the wall, and dry up all the floor.  The I moved onto moving stuff in the gym to dry under it as well.  All is dry now.  I have fixed the drain hose, and have a space heater drying up the floor.  I've finally finished getting the decorations down, and am sitting down writing to you guys and eating my snack.  Speaking of snack, here goes the day so far and plans for dinner:

Breakfast:
Coffee with 2 TBS whole milk and 1 tsp sugar
2 eggs + 1 egg white- "fried"
1 cup blackberries
2 oz french vanilla whole milk yogurt

Morning snack
Apple
2 oz plain yogurt + 1 tsp sugar

Lunch
5 oz pork loin
1 cup brocolli
2 carrots and 1 small potato roasted

Snack (now)

2 oz plain yogurt
1 cup cherries

Dinner
Chicken fajitas- just one

Not sure whats will be my dessert tonight, but I have the calories if need be.  I'm only at 1286 and I get 1500.  For exercise I cleaned house.  I've been cleaning all day, but will only count 45 min.  262 calorie there.

So there's my day in a nut shell.  I now have to go back to work.  Not done yet!

As for Sophie, she's still cute as a button and sweet as can be, but we have got to keep her out of the laundry room.



No comments:

Post a Comment