Followers

Monday, November 6, 2017

When Monday's come

Okay, true confessions here.  How many of you out there in La, la land have ever had a bad eating day and said "(sigh) Well I'll just start again fresh on Monday".  If I had a nickle for the number of times I made that statement...well, I'd have a lot of nickles.  Problem was, with sheer determination that I would start fresh again on Monday; I would spend the rest of the week eating badly and moving little.  I mean, seriously, come Monday my life would forever be changed and I would never ever be able to eat this way again.  I mean I had to have a farewell party (or parties).  One for the road so to speak.  Sometimes I would even prepare for my fresh start by filing the house with all "healthy" stuff like diet foods, sugar free koolaid, sugar free everything.  I have even been known to buy a workout tape, a gym membership, or a piece of exercise equipment.  With money invested I would surely succeed.  Nope.  Monday never really came.  At least not those Monday's.  With every promise that I broke to myself, I became more cynical about weight loss and more determined to never try again.  I was a lost cause.  Then I  made some determinations:

1)  I determined my money would no longer line the coffers of members of the weight loss industry.  That included gyms, equipment dealers, diet programs (Sorry Jenny), and Diet stuff (Food, etc).  They had received enough of my money, THANK YOU VERY MUCH! 

2)  I determined that if I jump off the wagon (which FYI has been a lot), I would get right back on next meal, and not wait til a fresh start day.  If I had waited for a fresh start day for every time I ate badly; I would've never gotten this diet off the ground and would have given up long ago.  This diet has miraculously survived holiday's, birthdays, family emergencies, anniversary's, impromptu dates, emotional crisis, rainy days, stress, and boredom.  I will say my weight is coming off at a snails pace right now.  Part of that is due to being close to the finish line, and some of it's due to a string of wagon jumping in the past month.  Notice I said wagon jumping instead of falling.  I choose what and when I want to eat.  This past month we've had a birthday, lost power for three days, helped my mom with a yard sale, had some dates, and needed to get groceries (so I was making a lot of goodies for lunches and such).  There's another jump off next week as my Dh and I, along with my sister, are attending a festival in a little over a week.  Then the following week is Thanksgiving.  Do you see how waiting for a fresh start day, especially this time of year, can be less than successful?  But by making sure I'm on the wagon aside from those days or events, I can still be successful.  Even if only a pound or two a  month.  I'll take it over ever going back to the way I was.

3) I determined regardless of what I ate, I would record it and face the music.  Sometimes I record it and think, that wasn't as bad as I thought, and other times I record it and say "YIKES!".  Once I see the damage done, I can take steps to mitigate it.  I would much rather do that than stick my head in the sand and ignore it.  Once I take my head back out of the sand, the damage will be much greater.  Handle it now while it's a small issue.

4)  I determined that I didn't care how long it took to get the weight off.  As long as I was going in the right direction, I was doing good.  Now full disclosure here.  I have one good weigh in a month.  Hormones pretty much screw the others up.  During those three weeks of hormonal fluctuations, I still weigh, but am always talking myself down off the ledge.  And just an FYI, my husband has this same problem; except he has one bad weigh in each month and I have one good.

5)  I determined to NEVER GO BACK...ever.  I don't care if I never lose any more weight.  I will hold this course to never gain that weight again.
 

NEVER AGAIN!!!



2 comments:

  1. You are doing awesome! Keep it up! I know it's not easy but oh! It is so worth it! You look amazing 👍😃

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I'm sorry it took me so long to post your comment. Blogger failed to let me know it was there. But better late than never.

    ReplyDelete