Followers

Monday, November 20, 2017

I'll take that!

Just spent a great weekend at the 29th annual dulcimer music festival in Unicoi Lodge Helen, Ga this weekend, and yes, I tentatively jumped the wagon.  By that I mean I ate things I probably shouldn't, but I did pace myself and didn't go hog wild.  Still, I know I was over calories.  You can't eat a chocolate peanut butter pie (as well as other desserts offered) and not be over.  Just sayin.  What I didn't say was "It's an all you can eat bar and so I'll start with the cheesecake".  So...ya know...I did well all things considered.  AND considering those 3 days, I was dreading getting on the scale, but knew I needed to face the music (pardon the pun). You're not gonna believe this, but I'm down 1.4 pounds.  Now in all seriousness, I know I probably would have been down more had it not been for the past three days, but I'll take it



Regardless of how I ate those 3 days, I knew this festival was coming and planned ahead to minimize the damage.  I had a scheduled workout every day from Sunday before thru Wednesday when we left to go.  Also we were fortunate in that you had to walk up and down stairs to get where you were going at the festival so that was a plus.  We came home Saturday at Midnight and woke up Sunday with the determination that the festival was over it was back on track time til Thanksgiving (Our next jump off).  So since yesterday and thru Wednesday, I will be eating like I should and moving like I should.  Thursday is vacation and Friday is back on track.  I hope when I get back to you guys on Monday, I can say I'm down again despite a holiday.

No comments:

Post a Comment