Followers

Monday, October 16, 2017

Oh Happy Day!

So day started off with my weigh in.  No loss, but no gain so I can deal with net neutral.  Beats being behind.  I did get some motivations this weekend and this morning.

Dh and I went thrift store shopping for new clothes.  No need to spend a lot because we are still in transition, at least I am.  He needs permanent new clothes cause he's just maintaining now.  I need some that can see me through the last 20 pounds.  I got some crazy good deals.  I found 3 sweaters sz large; surreal since I used to be in a 3X.  I also found a set of black moccasin slip on shoes and a pair of black suede ankle boots; both of which looked new.  My motivator was a risk I took to buy a pair of sz 12 jeans, no stretch for $2.  I figured for $2 if I couldn't wear them yet, I would eventually.  I came home and tried them on.  THEY FIT!  Not as comfortable as I would like,  but I got them on without any fuss.  Guys, I have never worn a sz 12.  Ever.  Maybe 12 months when I was little.  lol.  The lowest I ever got was in high school and that was a 14.  Many years have passed since then.  We won't go into how many.  So motivator #1  Do I want to get into these jeans comfortably?  You bet your bippy!

Motivator 2.  While thrift store shopping, Dh wanted a new zip up hoodie in a men's small.  We found a very nice one for a couple of bucks.  He had a pullover hoodie in sz medium that had a graphic on it that said "Property of" and a friend had written my name in permanent marker below it.  Dh said he guessed we could retire that pullover hoodie.  So today as I was hanging up the "new" hoodie and taking out the one to retire I thought hmmmm.  I wonder if.....So I tried it on.  IT FITS!  WOOHOO!  I never thought I would see the day when I would be able to borrow my Dh clothes!  I know some women can, but I never could nor thought I would ever be able to.  Big motivator for today.

I could care less what the scale said.  I care more about my two new motivators.



4 comments:

  1. That is so awesome! Good for you! I am sure you are an inspiration to many! Keep up the good work! 😁👍

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Sorry it took so long to post your comment. Apparently Blogger failed to notify me that I had a comment. Better late than never right? I'm glad my blog is encouraging! That's why I write.

      Delete