Followers

Monday, June 29, 2020

Neener Neener! Doctor visit

Doctor visit today!  I had my yearly check up with my Endocrinologist.  

Last year I was on Pravastatin, per my cardiologist and seconded by my Endo Dr, to lower my already normal cholesterol levels.  Cause since I had a heart attack they want it lower than normal (what?).  I didn't want to be on it, but hubby wanted me to be on it just until I had labs drawn to see if it would work.  Well those labs came back and my cholesterol went up!  So off that med I went.  

This past year I haven't been on any cholesterol lowering med.  Don't get me started on weather or not cholesterol is the culprit.  That's another story.  I do know a cholesterol med isn't anything I need or want.  I was on half the lowest dose and was still experiencing some pretty worrying side effects.  Chest pain being one.  Yea, not a good side effect for someone who's just had a heart attack.  

So no Pravastatin for me at all this past year.  In all honesty, I haven't been "On program" eating until very recently.  I was still eating healthy, but just too much of a good thing.  

So even with all that, I have to report that my cholesterol came down!!!!!  No med, no real weight loss, but my cholesterol came down.  The doctor even said I did better without the med.  She's totally on board with what I want to do.  I've made a believer out of her,  Yay!  

Oh, and just to share it all, A1C was 5.2; totally normal, no sign of diabetes or pre-diabetes.  All tests were in good range.  AND  according to their records, I'm down 2 pounds from when I saw her last.  That's really saying something since I went up and then down.  So yay!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment