Followers

Sunday, June 7, 2020

My New Mantra

I've written about how much of a struggle the past two years have been regarding my health and weight.  As a result of that struggle, I've slipped into old habits of beating myself up when I gain, or have a bad day.  When I fall short of what I want to do.  

Those comments I make to myself, can pile up.  If you were under verbal abuse from someone every day for 2 years, it would take it's toll.  Subsequently, I've been my own worst enemy in that I set myself up to fail, then berate myself over the failure.  

Yea, that's not happening anymore.  My new statement is "I'm worth my taking care of myself, and my husband is worth my taking care of myself".  This goes both ways.  My hubby is so good to work out diligently each day, taking one day off in a week.  Whenever I comment on how good he looks, his response is always "I'm doing it for you babe".  He doesn't just mean to look good.  What he's saying is "I love you so much I want to spend as much time as possible with you".  He does it to stay healthy so we have more time together in this life.  He deserves I feel the same way, and act on it.  

Saying I want to spend the rest of my life with him, yet not doing what I can to insure it's a good long time, is disingenuous. 

That's my earthly motivator.  

God see me as special too.  Should I ever falter on that one, I can remember this:

1 Corinthians 6:19-20 "Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you received from God?  You are not your own.  You were bought with a price.  Therefore Honor God with your bodies."

Psalm 139:13-14 "For you created my inmost being.  You knit me together in my mothers womb.  I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made.  Your works are wonderful.  I know that full well".

1 Peter 2:9 " For you are a chosen people (person), a royal priesthood, a holy nation. God's special possession that you may declare the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light"



What are your motivators?  Whatever they are, have them first affirm how wonderful and special you are!  Never lose sight of that.  You are not defined by a scale, your clothes, or how your day's going.

2 comments: