Followers

Friday, February 11, 2022

Just for fun, back to playing with dolls!

 Hello all!  

With things being a little on the stressful side lately, with having no where to go, and needing to be close by for Rubic; I have finally taken up my poor broken dolls and started the work again to give them new life.  

These dolls will be listed for sale on my Etsy shop when I return to it, hopefully, next year.  I've taken a break this year to address some much needed things at home as well as finish these dolls.  I used to tell people that I didn't collect dolls.  That is until I realized I did collect dolls.  I collect broken dolls.  I'm particularly interested in composition dolls.  Composition dolls were usually made between 1914-1940's.  The earliest composition doll was in 1899, but they really didn't take off until 1914.  They are dolls made from a combination of saw dust and glue molded in the shape of a doll, then painted.  I love these dolls for their history, art form, and they are just so cute!  Well they were cute, and can be again.  

So without further adieu, here is my latest restoration; before and after. 


This little one is around 80 ish years old.  She is circa 1940's.  She has glass sleep eyes that open and close, and two little front teeth!  Above is her before.  Above is what she looked like when I bought her.
Below is the finished project complete with a new dress all her own.



The light was a bit much for that pic, but I wanted a picture of her in her new dress.  Here she is earlier in the day.  Much better lighting.




My plan is to make her some shoes and socks if I can and list her for sale in my shop.  I'm perfectly content to keep her if she doesn't sell.  That's a problem with doing this.  I get attached to them. BUT!  My ultimate goal is to find them a new home and someone to love them.  They were loved once before.  They will be again.   



No comments:

Post a Comment