Followers

Friday, October 22, 2021

Covid hits home

 Yes, yes.  It finally happened.  Dh and I have been down with Covid.  Hence the delay in a new post.  I haven't had much energy to do much more than sleep.  I'm amazed at how much I've slept these past 5 days.  

DH was exposed a week ago this past Monday, and he began to show symptoms a week ago this past Thursday.  This past Thursday was when he brought it home to me.  Home, you know that place where you don't have masks on?  He may have gotten his at work, but work came home with him.   I started showing symptoms on Sunday.  Sunday was DH worst day and Wednesday was my worst day.  Those were the days we were at our worst and our fevers were the highest.  Both of us had high fevers of around 102.  Everything about our two cases were identical down to losing our sense of taste and smell.  His loss actually came near the end of his bout with Covid.  Mine started around day 2 and crept in over time.  I say all of this to point out this:

DH is vaccinated.  I'm not.  Here are some other interesting things to ponder.

DH is a nurse in a clinic.  This is a clinic where everyone is masked, including patients.  These are healthcare workers using surgical masks correctly.  In addition, not only was DH vaccinated, but I would hazard a guess that the bulk of his coworkers were vaxed as well.  This is relevant because his clinic is shut down for the week because all but one of the staff tested positive for Covid.  If there was ever a case study into the efficacy of masks and the vaccines, this would be it.  

Now I'm not gonna lie to ya.  I would rather not have Covid.  We're blessed in that we didn't have a case that put us into the hospital.  But it's been rough.  If given the choice I would rather not have to ever experience Covid, but that wasn't the case.  Thanks China.  But, I'm happy to day our immune system mounted a defense and won.  The trade off for the misery we're enduring right now is that we now have natural immunity to this.  That is good as gold in my book.  Worth it?  Given my choices?  In my book, yes.  I made a choice to take my chances with Covid to obtain an immunity far better than artificial.  I made this decision in a well thought out manner, fully understanding what I was accepting.  Everything I believed in the beginning as all been proven out.

Everyone has to do what's right for them.  That's what it all boils down to.  I made a choice to risk Covid to obtain natural immunity.  I knew I would get it eventually.  I stand by that choice.  I know that's the right decision for me, but I'll admit, I'm ready to get past this thing.  UGH!  Worst virus I've ever had.


No comments:

Post a Comment