Followers

Friday, April 9, 2021

An Interesting Turn of Events!

 Good morning all!  I know I'm late in posting.  Things have been crazy busy here with spring approaching.  I will pose of gardening, baby chicks, etc in a later post, but wanted to share something that happened JUST NOW; this morning, at this moment!  

About 3 months ago I determined I was tired of all the junk on Facebook and opted to leave.  This was the day after the January 6th hullabaloo at the capital.  I had shared a statement by Sarah Palin simply asking for the media to do the research to find out who the rioters were before assuming.  Not all those gathered at the capital were rioting, just like not all those gathered at the George Floyd protests were rioting.  I would hope, regardless of ideology, we could agree on that one.  Anyway, Facebook took it down saying it was false, even though at no point in the statement did Sarah Palin make any claims.  She simply called for objective journalism.  That was the straw that broke the camels back for me and I left.  

I have stayed relatively quite online since then.  I try not to wax too political on my blog.  That being said, The things going on in this country are getting serious.  

This morning I felt I needed to sign up again for Facebook in order to speak out on things.  My opinion and a dollar would get me a cup of coffee at Mcdonalds, but I still wanted to express it.  I told my husband I was going to sign up again and speak my mind.  I told him I may end up in Facebook jail, and people probably shouldn't accept or request friend requests to me if they are easily riled, but I was going to do it.  I filled in all of the info, using my old user name, and DOB, but the email and password were changed.  I hit "sign up" and am immediately reading a statement that says my account has been disabled because my content didn't meet community standards.  

FYI, I closed my account months ago.  They give you 30 days to change your mind, and up until that deadline I still had the ability to sign back up.  I know, I checked.  So one of two things happened:

1)  Google/Facebook over heard hubby's and my conversation just now and blocked me from getting on because of what I might post.  That's my conspiracy theory

2)  More than likely, and just as scary, My past account was part of a conservative purge, even though I had never been disabled or lost access to my page at any time in the 10 years I had been on facebook.  I had some videos taken down, but for the most part never dinged.  I was, however, very open about my conservative views.  I was always respectful of differing opinions, willing to talk things out rather than use cheap shots.  I think my views, coupled with a record of having some of my things taken down (mostly covid related fyi), made me part of the "Great Purge".  

I say all of this to say, please pay attention to what is going on around you right now.  Rights are being eroded in the name of  Political Correctness, Diversity, and "public health".  The latest one is Mr Biden's executive orders on gun control, because it's a "public health crisis".  He also stated "no amendment is absolute".  Really?  In order to have an amendment added to the constitution, 2/3rds of both the House and Senate have to vote on it.  It is not signed into law by the president.  In fact he has nothing to do with the amendment process.  Instead the amendment is sent to all 50 states and 3/4ths of the 50 states have to ratify it.  That is 38 of the 50 states.  That seems pretty absolute.  It would take another amendment process to overturn it.  Legally.  But are we living in a time where the constitution doesn't hold the same authority?  That's the dividing line.  

So, tell me.  Which Amendment do you think we don't Really need anymore?  I'll wait.





2 comments:

  1. Well said. There are so many of us in Northeast Georgia that agree with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! It's good to know I'm not alone. None of us are if we stand together.

    ReplyDelete