Followers

Saturday, February 13, 2021

A Miracle and a blessing


 Hello everyone!  

Today has been a day.  My part was easier I think than Hubby's and Rubic's.  For those who don't know, Rubic is the online name I have for our youngest son.  

It started out simple enough.  I had a couple of orders to get out, and I did some baking.  Nothing too awful.  Hubby was going to be picking Rubic up from work, so I was kinda of taking things slow.  I had dinner already planned and laid out.  I had even ground up corn meal to make corn bread for tonight's dinner.  I was feeling so organized and productive.  

Then I got the call.  Rubic had gotten off work earlier than anticipated and a friend/co worker was bringing him home.  On the way, the friend turned left and into the path of another car he had failed to see.  The passenger side, where Rubic was sitting, was hit broad side.  From what his friend told me later, Rubic's head hit the dash board, and the shattering glass showered him, causing a gash under his eye.  He was pinned in the car.  The EMTs had to cut him from the car.  His friends car was totaled.  Fortunately Rubic was wearing a seat belt.  He was taken by ambulance to the ER.  Hubby, who was just off from work and on his way to get Rubic from work, received the call about the accident from me, and headed to the ER where he spent the next 4 hours with Rubic while he was being treated.  I got to sit home helpless because they are only allowed 1 visitor due to covid.  I spent that time  receiving and relaying updates, readying Rubics room for when he came home, and eating badly.



But guys, he got out of there with 6 stitches, no neck or back injuries that we are aware of at the moment, and some scratches.  Now, don't get me wrong; he is hurting.  He's limping, I suppose from the leg that was pinned.  Every muscle is traumatized.  There isn't one part of his body that isn't screaming in pain.  

But he's here.  He's home.  While not sound yet, he is safe.  I, however have eaten my way thru this!  Dinner ended up being Little Caesar's pizza.  He's sleeping at the moment, and I'm thankful that I can still be here for him.  

That he walked/limped away is a Miracle and a Blessing, and one I don't take lightly.  So Thank you Lord!  for watching over my son today.  I can never thank you enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment