Followers

Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Curve balls

I don't do cheat days, and I'll tell  you why.  Life is already pre-programmed with cheat days already included.  You get those curve balls thrown at you where it is hard to follow your eating plan regardless of what plan you're on.  Case in point.  When Irma came through Georgia just recently as a Tropical storm, we lost power for 2 1/2  days.  That meant not only did I not have Spark people to record what I ate, but we also were relegated to eat what was already in the fridge in order to keep from opening the freezer.  I shrugged it off.  I did the best I could do to mitigate the damage, but other than that, just got through that bump in the road.

Holidays, evenings out with that special someone, family emergencies, etc.  There are times when you won't be able to eat how you should.  Shrug it off.  Allow it.  With full knowledge that once this is past, it is right back to taking care of yourself.  Then get back on!  regardless of the number of days this curve ball has, don't wait til the following Monday; "I'll start then my weeks blown anyway".  Immediately after the curve ball is past get back on track.  Your week may be blown, but the damage doesn't have to be added to.  Many times, by getting right back on track, you can lessen the blow.  I gained .8 pounds back that week.  That is much easier to lose than the weight I used to be adding back in the day.  For example,  it used to be the holidays would just be a free for all with the idea that Jan 1st I would start over.  I could put on 6-8 pounds just in those 2 months.  Now, I still have the party days, but I am right back on the next day.

TIP:  I've found that many times at a party or event, just a taste of something to try it has been enough for me.  This helps during the holidays.

The point is to remember You are in charge.  Not the food.  You are in charge of these curve balls.  The decisions you make during these times are the ones that control what happens.  You are not helpless in the presence of cookies, or in times of stress.  You are still in control of what goes in your body.  If you want it, have it with no regrets, realizing there are consequences, but knowing you are gonna accept and reverse those consequences.




TIP:  The stricter the diet plan, the farther you will go before getting back on track.  If you know what a sling shot is, then you will know this analogy.  The further back you pull that band, the further your sling shot will shoot.  Same with a diet plan.  If you are on a really strict diet with severe limitations:  no carbs, fat, beans only (yuck) etc.  Once you open the flood gates, it's gonna be hard to close them back.  That's why it's so important for minimal disruption in your life.  Your eating needs to be on a level where you are eating anything you want in moderation.  Don't deny yourself anything, just eat less of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment