Followers

Tuesday, January 4, 2022

Off to a Shaky Start

Just had our Christmas today.  So I guess you can say we will have two in the year 2022.  It's been a challenge this season with everything going on in our lives.  This year, 2022, is a continuation it seems.  

Einstein had an upper respiratory infection about a month ago.  He was tested for Covid and was negative.  He was given two Z packs to take; the first one was for days 1-5.  On day 10 he was to start the second one.  He did, and took his last pill on Dec 22nd.  

He started to feel bad on Dec 24th.  He told me on Dec 26th that he was running a fever and coughing again.  I called my doctor, who got us in the next day.  Einstein tested positive for Covid.  My Doctor threw the book at it.  Seriously, a litany of prescriptions and over the counter things for him to do to fight it.  Einstein began to feel better.  New years day, one week after he first began to feel better, he began again to run a fever.  His congestion came back.  Once again I called my doctor( now his doctor).  New Years day, and on a Saturday, the doctor asks if we can have him into the office by 4:30.  This Doctor opened his office on a holiday/weekend for our son.  I can't tell you how much that means to us.  Doctor checks him out and says basically, the Covid is gone for the most part.  He said it's done what it was going to do.  Problem is, Einstein's immune system is already weakened due to his bout with an upper respiratory infection.  Though it fought Covid, it ended up over reacting and is now in over drive.  In the doctors words "We have to cool him down".   Some meds were changed, and this new battle started.   This morning was the hardest.  

When he struggles to breath in the morning, there are times I'm terrified.  There's another part of me that sees God's hand in this helping us thru.  Our Doctor has been Phenomenal.  Yesterday I texted his office with an update on how Einstein was struggling.  I thought the nurse would tell the doctor when the office opened on Monday.  Within a few minutes our doctor was texting me things to do to help our son thru this.  This morning I texted the doctor again about what was going on, and he called to help us out.  This man is the best doctor I have ever had or even heard about.  Having him as our doctor is worth  it's weight in Gold.  He's a God send.  We needed O2 for our son, and were able to get it.  We needed a nebulizer in a place where non are available.  My sister had one.  These are things I look at when I fear.  While it's hard to keep fear at bay, it helps me to hold on, knowing that these things were put in place ahead of time by God.  

Tonight, as I lay on the sofa within ear shot of our son's room ( that's been my bed for the last few days), and prayed for our son as well as other members of our family dealing with their own Covid illness ( but primarily our son); I asked God "How did you do it?"  "How were you able to watch your son go thru what he did?"  It was in no way a slight to God's parenting techniques.  Rather it was an amazing realization of the love it took for US, and more personally, me for God to send his son, and for Jesus to go.  My mind can't comprehend it.  I can tell you this; it wasn't an easy thing for God to send his Son; to watch him rejected and killed by the very ones he came to save.   It was love for us that drove him.

As much as I love our son, God loves him more.  We can never out love God.  Never!  

That's what I'll hold to.  




No comments:

Post a Comment