Followers

Sunday, December 30, 2018

Made some changes

Been quiet on here...too quiet.  It's me own fault!  I have been torn lately as to what I wanted this blog to cover.  I started out as Frugal Maven in my last blog, and really didn't change that once I started this blog.  In other words, I'm still frugal.  That's one of my main things, and something I didn't give up once I went to healthy eating.  You can see it in some of my past posts.  When you're on a tight budget is when most of us throw in the healthy eating towel.  These two blogs are still interchangeable.  I started realizing that I can't ONLY focus on one thing.  Things in life over lap.  Life overlaps.

So I have incorporated my old blog posts into my new blog and will begin to write about all things in my sphere.  For you that means you can easily look aaaaaalllllll the way back as far as 2010 and see all my past posts.  I'm also in the process of labeling them so you can find each category easily: Frugality, Healthy eating, Daily living, etc.  I've also been adding recipes to my recipe pages,as well as some of the old tutorials I had on my old blog.  New stuff will also be appearing if I have my way.

As for me, it's been a rough few past months, which threw me into a bit of a tail spin.  This Past Christmas, while joyful in some ways, ended up being an "off the wagon" derail of sorts.  I ate myself sick, and I do mean sick.  My body, after months of healthy eating, I think, couldn't tolerate the amount of sugar it was taking in.  I was physically sick, and that made me a little....well panicky.  I faced the music on Christmas Eve and was up 10 lbs over the past 4 months since the heart attack.  I was praying about it and wondering where my mojo went.  I used to could stare down a cheese cake and not blink.  I could have whatever in the house and it not phase me.  During the course of my prayer I realized two things; actually, I believe God revealed these two things to me.  1) I was still living with, and fearful of another attack.  2)  I was convicted that I had just celebrated the birth of Christ by abusing my body; which God says is the temple of the Holy Spirit.

Needless to say, I never want to treat myself like that again.  I also realize that good health is the one thing on earth that can keep another attack away.

So!  Happy to say I have been back on track.  No hanging on by a thread:  It's good.  I'm down 5 lbs since Monday.  I finished cardiac rehab and am doing this on my own.  I have a heart monitor and I'm not afraid to use it!  In fact, I just finished my workout for the day.

I'm wanting to see my progress over time and so, to save on paper, I'm going to put the stats on here.  You'll see my music list that I walk to, and beside each one will be the speed and incline I use on the tread mill to keep my heart between 114-124.  As time progresses, I'm looking forward to seeing those numbers go up; higher incline.  The speed will remain the same,as it goes with the beat of the music.


Grace Wins by Matthew West- 2.8 speed- 0 first minute then-5 incline
Oxygen by Lincoln Brewster- 3 speed- 5 incline
Overcomer by Mandesa- 3 speed- 5 incline
Feel It by Toby Mac- 3 speed- 5 incline-down to 4 at end
More by Usher- 3.3 speed- 4 incline -down to 2.5
Move by Toby Mac- 3 speed- 4 incline
Down to the River by Jordan Feliz- 3.3 speed- 4 incline- 2.5
Every good thing by The Afters- 3.3 speed 2.5 speed
Still haven't found by U2- 2.7 speed- 6.5 incline- last minute no incline as I cool down

No weights today

No comments:

Post a Comment