Followers

Monday, March 12, 2018

Okay, all kidding aside

UGH!  up .4 lbs for the month.  That doesn't sound too bad except since before the holidays I've put on about 4 pounds over all.  When you combine the holidays with cookies, power outages, and lack of grocery money, it all adds up to a long time jump off the band wagon.  I think the only thing that saved me over the past few months has been the fact that I've continued to be active.  So full disclosure; here I go.

I now have received my grocery money for the month!  Yay!  I have been able to restock some stuff and got a great deal on the Chicken breast and pork loin.  During my Costco trip I bought 4- 6 lb bags of frozen Normandy Blend veggies.  The cashier asked if I had enough (tongue in cheek).  I made no apologies.  I told her these vegetables roasted are my favorite vegetable.  So I'm buying plenty for the month.  Seriously, I could eat these as a snack!  In addition, I also discovered that 4% (which is the full fat version) cottage cheese has more protein in it than eggs.  That's good news since my chickens aren't laying so much right now.  I actually had to buy eggs!  Another good thing about the cottage cheese is I get a lot of it to equal the same calories as the 2 eggs I would have had.  So this mornings breakfast was

Coffee with 1 tsp of sugar and 1 oz whole milk (of course)
130 grams green grapes
140 grams strawberries
3/4 cup of 4% cottage cheese.

300 calories total for this breakfast.  That's about what I shoot for; 300-350 calories.  Plus I get a whopping 20 gms of protein in this breakfast.  Best yet, I love cottage cheese.  May need to buy more (smile)..

So anyhoo, taking it one day at a time.  Today was a good day.  I stayed in range, got plenty of good for you stuff, did a workout (step tape+ housework), had cookies for dessert.  I was pretty impressed with myself since it was a cloudy dreary day.  Those days tend to be days where I want to munch.  But I stayed the course.  It's always a good thing to let the upward mobility of the scale be a good motivator.  It did, and I have.  Can't complain.  Now we see what tomorrow holds.



No comments:

Post a Comment