Followers

Monday, November 18, 2013

" Hmmm I Wonder" Enchilada Casserole.

So tonight I get home from work and am trying to think of what to make for dinner.  Little by little things started to fall into place and I ended up with a recipe that was popular enough for there to be none left.  So all in all a positive outcome.  I literally was using up odds and ends of things, and trying to make sure veggies were a part of the equation.  It also had to taste good.  What follows is what I came up with:

"Hmmm I Wonder"  Enchilada Casserole:

1 lb ground beef (or chicken or turkey)
1 cup grated zucchini
1 can cream corn
1 6 oz can tomato paste
1 ts salt
1 tsp onion powder
1 1/2 ts chili powder
1/4 ts garlic powder
1 ts cumin
dash oregano
1 cup shredded cheese (I used a mixture of pepper jack and mozzarella)
2 oz cream cheese
Tortilla chips

I know, bear with me.  Brown the ground beef.  Add the rest of the ingredients with the exception of the shredded cheese and the tortilla chips.  Heat everything through to let the flavors meld a bit.  About 10 min.  Remove from heat.  Spread a layer of tortilla chips into the bottom of a 9X9 baking pan.  Spread about a third over the chips.  Sprinkle with 1/3 of the cheese.  Repeat layers using everything up.  Top with a couple of crushed tortilla chips and the remaining cheese.  Back at 350 for 20-25 minutes.  Serve with salsa, and sour cream (Or plain yogurt). 

So I dare ya to try it!  DH says it is a dish he would like me to make again.  Good thing I keep frozen zucchini in 1 cup portions.  Betcha this is a recipe you will not find any where else. 
Well off I go to finish up making some apple butter.  See ya next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment